Anti-Activin antibody [MM0074-7L18] (ab89307)
- Product nameAnti-Activin antibody [MM0074-7L18]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MM0074-7L18] to Activin
- SpecificityDetects both pro- and mature Activin A.
- Tested applicationsWB, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant full length Human Precursor Activin A
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMM0074-7L18
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89307 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. (1) Activin A can induce hemoglobin expression in the K562 human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line. (2) Anti-Activin antibody can neutralize Activin A induced hemoglobin expression in a dose dependent manner. ED 50 is approximately between 30-60ng/mL in the presence of 5ng/mL Recombinant Human Activin A.|
- FunctionInhibins and activins inhibit and activate, respectively, the secretion of follitropin by the pituitary gland. Inhibins/activins are involved in regulating a number of diverse functions such as hypothalamic and pituitary hormone secretion, gonadal hormone secretion, germ cell development and maturation, erythroid differentiation, insulin secretion, nerve cell survival, embryonic axial development or bone growth, depending on their subunit composition. Inhibins appear to oppose the functions of activins.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Activin A antibody
- Activin AB alpha polypeptide antibody
- Activin AB antibody
- Activin AB beta polypeptide antibody
- Activin B antibody
- Activin beta A chain antibody
- Activin beta B chain antibody
- Activin beta-A chain antibody
- ActivinA antibody
- ActivinAB antibody
- ActivinB antibody
- EDF antibody
- Erythroid differentiation factor antibody
- Erythroid differentiation protein antibody
- follicle stimulating hormone releasing protein antibody
- FRP antibody
- FSH releasing factor antibody
- FSH releasing protein antibody
- INHBA antibody
- INHBA_HUMAN antibody
- INHBB antibody
- Inhibin antibody
- Inhibin beta 1 antibody
- Inhibin beta 2 antibody
- Inhibin beta A antibody
- Inhibin beta A chain antibody
- Inhibin beta A subunit antibody
- Inhibin beta B antibody
- Inhibin beta B chain antibody
- Inhibin beta B subunit antibody
- Inhibin, beta A (activin A, activin AB alpha polypeptide) antibody
Anti-Activin antibody [MM0074-7L18] images
All lanes : Anti-Activin antibody [MM0074-7L18] (ab89307) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Embryonic Day 18 Liver
Lane 2 : Embryonic Day 18 Muscles
Lane 3 : Embryonic Day 18 Cortex (Negative Control)
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Ruma Raha-Chowdhury, University Of Cambridge, United Kingdom
References for Anti-Activin antibody [MM0074-7L18] (ab89307)
This product has been referenced in:
- Karve TM et al. BRCA1 regulates follistatin function in ovarian cancer and human ovarian surface epithelial cells. PLoS One 7:e37697 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22685544) »