ADAM12 peptide (ab41204)
- Product nameADAM12 peptideSee all ADAM12 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, Aminoterminal end
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41204 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 12
- ADAM 12
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 12
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 12
- Meltrin alpha
- FunctionInvolved in skeletal muscle regeneration, specifically at the onset of cell fusion. Also involved in macrophage-derived giant cells (MGC) and osteoclast formation from mononuclear precursors.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is expressed in placenta and skeletal, cardiac, and smooth muscle. Isoform 2 seems to be expressed only in placenta or in embryo and fetus. Both forms were expressed in some tumor cells lines. Not detected in brain, lung, liver, kidney or pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainThe cysteine-rich domain supports cell adhesion through syndecans and triggers signaling events that lead to beta-1 integrin-dependent cell spreading. In carcinomas cells the binding of this domain to syndecans does not allow the integrin-mediated cell spreading.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
References for ADAM12 peptide (ab41204)
ab41204 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.