ADAM17 peptide (ab41215)
- Product nameADAM17 peptideSee all ADAM17 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41215 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 (tumor necrosis factor, alpha, converting enzyme)
- ADAM 17
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 17
- ADAM17 protein
- CD 156b
- CD156b antigen
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 17
- Snake venom like protease
- Snake venom-like protease
- TNF alpha convertase
- TNF alpha converting enzyme
- TNF-alpha convertase
- TNF-alpha-converting enzyme
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Converting Enzyme
- FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Also involved in the activation of Notch pathway.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at highest levels in adult heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testes, ovary and small intestine, and in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainMust be membrane anchored to cleave the different substrates. The cytoplasmic domain is not required for the this activity. Only the catalytic domain is essential to shed TNF and p75 TNFR.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylated. Stimulation by growth factor or phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces phosphorylation of Ser-819 but decreases phosphorylation of Ser-791.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for ADAM17 peptide (ab41215)
ab41215 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.