Anti-ADAM20 antibody - Catalytic domain (ab28295)
- Product nameAnti-ADAM20 antibody - Catalytic domainSee all ADAM20 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM20 - Catalytic domain
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the catalytic domain of human ADAM20.
(Peptide available as ab41221.)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28295 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay be involved in sperm maturation and/or fertilization.
- Tissue specificityTestis specific.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainA tripeptide motif (VGE) within disintegrin-like domain could be involved in the binding to egg integrin receptor and thus could mediate sperm/egg binding.
The cysteine-rich domain encodes putative cell-fusion peptides, which could be involved in sperm-egg fusion.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsHas no obvious cleavage site for furin endopeptidase, suggesting that the proteolytic processing is regulated.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 20 antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 20 preproprotein antibody
- ADA20_HUMAN antibody
- ADAM 20 antibody
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 20 antibody
- ADAM20 antibody
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 20 antibody
- EC 3.4.24. antibody
- OTTHUMP00000236151 antibody
Anti-ADAM20 antibody - Catalytic domain images
All lanes : Anti-ADAM20 antibody - Catalytic domain (ab28295) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse Tetis Lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Epididymis Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µl per lane.
Predicted band size : 82 kDa
References for Anti-ADAM20 antibody - Catalytic domain (ab28295)
ab28295 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.