ADAM20 peptide (ab41220)
- Product nameADAM20 peptideSee all ADAM20 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, Propeptide domain
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41220 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 20
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 20 preproprotein
- ADAM 20
- ADAM metallopeptidase domain 20
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 20
- EC 3.4.24.
- FunctionMay be involved in sperm maturation and/or fertilization.
- Tissue specificityTestis specific.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
- DomainA tripeptide motif (VGE) within disintegrin-like domain could be involved in the binding to egg integrin receptor and thus could mediate sperm/egg binding.
The cysteine-rich domain encodes putative cell-fusion peptides, which could be involved in sperm-egg fusion.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsHas no obvious cleavage site for furin endopeptidase, suggesting that the proteolytic processing is regulated.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
References for ADAM20 peptide (ab41220)
ab41220 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.