ADAMTS4 peptide (ab41235)
- Product nameADAMTS4 peptideSee all ADAMTS4 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, Carboxyterminal end
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41235 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4
- ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4
- ADAM TS 4
- ADAM TS4
- ADAM-TS 4
- ADAMTS 2
- ADAMTS 4
- ADAMTS4 protein
- ADMP 1
- Aggrecanase 1
- FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover. May play an important role in the destruction of aggrecan in arthritic diseases. Could also be a critical factor in the exacerbation of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease. Cleaves aggrecan at the '392-Glu-
- Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, lung and heart. Expressed at very low level in placenta and skeletal muscles.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
- DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
References for ADAMTS4 peptide (ab41235)
ab41235 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.