For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/200 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml.
Recommend PFA Fixation and Triton X-100 treatment
- FunctionInvolved in acrosome biogenesis.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in testis. Isoform 2 is expressed at low levels in skin and blood.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome membrane.
Information by UniProt
- Acrosome formation-associated factor antibody
- Afaf antibody
- AFAF_HUMAN antibody
Anti-AFAF antibody images
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121461)
Immunofluorescent staining of Human cell line U-251MG shows positivity in nucleus but not nucleoli and vesicles. Recommended concentration of ab121461 1-4 µg/ml. Cells treated with PFA/Triton X-100.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121461)
ab121461 at a 1/300 dilution staining AFAF in Human testis tissue (paraffin embedded) by immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121461)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"