For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100 - 1/250.
||1/200 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
- FunctionInvolved in acrosome biogenesis.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in testis. Isoform 2 is expressed at low levels in skin and blood.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > acrosome membrane.
Information by UniProt
- Acrosome formation-associated factor antibody
- Afaf antibody
- AFAF_HUMAN antibody
Anti-AFAF antibody images
Western blot - Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121470)
Lane 1 :
Lanes 2 - 3 : Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121470)
Lane 1 : Marker
Lane 2 : HEK293T cell lysate - vector only transfected
Lane 3 : HEK293T cell lysate - overexpressing AFAF with a C-terminal myc-DDK tag (~3.1kDa)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121470)
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human testis tissue labelling AFAF with ab121470. Staining shows strong cytoplasmic positivity in spermatids.
References for Anti-AFAF antibody (ab121470)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"