Anti-AIF antibody (ab1999)
- Product nameAnti-AIF antibodySee all AIF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AIF
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 109-122 of Human AIF.
- Positive controlK562 cell lysate
- General notesApoptosis Inducing Factor.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1999 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 67 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa).Can be blocked with AIF peptide (ab7871).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProbable oxidoreductase that has a dual role in controlling cellular life and death; during apoptosis, it is translocated from the mitochondria to the nucleus to function as a proapoptotic factor in a caspase-independent pathway, while in normal mitochondria, it functions as an antiapoptotic factor via its oxidoreductase activity. The soluble form (AIFsol) found in the nucleus induces 'parthanatos' i.e., caspase-independent fragmentation of chromosomal DNA. Interacts with EIF3G,and thereby inhibits the EIF3 machinery and protein synthesis, and activates casapse-7 to amplify apoptosis. Plays a critical role in caspase-independent, pyknotic cell death in hydrogen peroxide-exposed cells. Binds to DNA in a sequence-independent manner.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AIFM1 are the cause of combined oxidative phosphorylation deficiency type 6 (COXPD6) [MIM:300816]. It is a mitochondrial disease resulting in a neurodegenerative disorder characterized by psychomotor delay, hypotonia, areflexia, muscle weakness and wasting.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FAD-dependent oxidoreductase family.
modificationsUnder normal conditions, a 54-residue N-terminal segment is first proteolytically removed during or just after translocation into the mitochondrial intermembrane space (IMS) by the mitochondrial processing peptidase (MPP) to form the inner-membrane-anchored mature form (AIFmit). During apoptosis, it is further proteolytically processed at amino-acid position 101 leading to the generation of the mature form, which is confined to the mitochondrial IMS in a soluble form (AIFsol). AIFsol is released to the cytoplasm in response to specific death signals, and translocated to the nucleus, where it induces nuclear apoptosis in a caspase-independent manner.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion intermembrane space. Mitochondrion inner membrane. Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Proteolytic cleavage during or just after translocation into the mitochondrial intermembrane space (IMS) results in the formation of an inner-membrane-anchored mature form (AIFmit). During apoptosis, further proteolytic processing leads to a mature form, which is confined to the mitochondrial IMS in a soluble form (AIFsol). AIFsol is released to the cytoplasm in response to specific death signals, and translocated to the nucleus, where it induces nuclear apoptosis. Colocalizes with EIF3G in the nucleus and perinuclear region.
- AIFM1 antibodyAIFM1_HUMAN antibodyApoptosis inducing factor 1, mitochondrial antibody
- Apoptosis inducing factor antibodyApoptosis inducing factor, mitochondrion associated, 1 antibodyApoptosis-inducing factor 1 antibodyCOXPD6 antibodyHarlequin antibodyHq antibodymAIF antibodyMGC111425 antibodyMGC5706 antibodymitochondrial antibodyPDCD 8 antibodyPDCD8 antibodyProgrammed cell death 8 (apoptosis inducing factor) antibodyProgrammed cell death 8 antibodyProgrammed cell death 8 isoform 1 antibodyProgrammed cell death 8 isoform 2 antibodyProgrammed cell death 8 isoform 3 antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 8 antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 8 mitochondrial antibodyProgrammed cell death protein 8 mitochondrial precursor antibodyStriatal apoptosis inducing factor antibody
Anti-AIF antibody images
Anti-AIF antibody (ab1999) at 1 µg/ml + K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 67 kDa
Immunocytochemistry of AIF in Jurkat cells with AIF antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Immunofluorescence of AIF in K562 cells using ab1999 at 20 ug/ml.
References for Anti-AIF antibody (ab1999)
ab1999 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.