For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab118365 is purified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Research areas
Application notesIs unsuitable for WB.
- FunctionAnchoring protein that mediates the subcellular compartmentation of protein kinase A (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells, cultured fibroblasts and osteosarcoma, but not in platelets, leukocytes, monocytic cell lines or peripherical blood cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 AKAP domains.
- DomainPolybasic regions located between residues 266 and 557 are involved in binding PKC.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cell cortex. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. May be part of the cortical cytoskeleton.
Information by UniProt
- A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein (gravin) 12 antibody
- A kinase Anchor Protein 12 antibody
- A kinase anchor protein 250kDa antibody
References for Anti-AKAP12 antibody (ab118365)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"