For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab65039 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/500 - 1/1000.
||1/50 - 1/100.
||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 76 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa).
- FunctionAnchoring protein that mediates the subcellular compartmentation of cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA type II).
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AKAP95 family.
Contains 2 C2H2 AKAP95-type zinc fingers.
- Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Associated with the nuclear matrix. Redistributed and detached from condensed chromatin during mitosis.
Information by UniProt
- A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein 8 antibody
- A kinase anchor protein 8 antibody
- A kinase anchor protein 95 antibody
Anti-AKAP8 antibody images
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - AKAP8 antibody (ab65039)
ab65039, at a 1/500 dilution, staining AKAP8 in HuvEc cells by Immunofluorescence, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) - AKAP8 antibody (ab65039)
ab65039, at a 1/50 dilution, staining AKAP8 in paraffin embedded human heart tissue by Immunohistochemistry in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
Western blot - AKAP8 antibody (ab65039)
All lanes : Anti-AKAP8 antibody (ab65039) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse heart cell extract
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell extract
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell extract with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 76 kDa
Observed band size : 76 kDa
References for Anti-AKAP8 antibody (ab65039)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"