Anti-AKR1B1 antibody (ab62795)
- Product nameAnti-AKR1B1 antibodySee all AKR1B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKR1B1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 to the C-terminus of Human AKR1B1.
(Peptide available as ab92665.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in human kidney and placenta tissue lysates as well as the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; HEK293; Caco2; MEL-1. This antibody gave a positive result in IF/ICC when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62795 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).Can be blocked with AKR1B1 peptide (ab92665).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23146748|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of a wide variety of carbonyl-containing compounds to their corresponding alcohols with a broad range of catalytic efficiencies.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in embryonic epithelial cells (EUE) in response to osmotic stress.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldo/keto reductase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- ADR antibodyAKR1B 1 antibodyAkr1b1 antibody
- Aldehyde reductase 1 antibodyAldehyde reductase antibodyAldo keto reductase family 1, member B1 antibodyAldo-keto reductase family 1 member B1 antibodyaldo-keto reductase family 1, member B1 (aldose reductase) antibodyAldose reductase antibodyaldr 1 antibodyALDR_HUMAN antibodyALDR1 antibodyaldr1 antibodyALR2 antibodyAR antibodyLii5 2 CTCL tumor antigen antibodyLow Km aldose reductase antibodyMGC1804 antibody
Anti-AKR1B1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-AKR1B1 antibody (ab62795) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 :
Kidney (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30203)
Lane 6 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 7 : MEL-1 (Human embryonic stem cell, male cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27198)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 36 kDa
Additional bands at : 44 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
ab62795 staining AKR1B1 in Human endometrial cancer tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 5% serum for 60 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 5% Gaot serum in TPBS) for 20 hours at 4°C. A Goat anti-rabbit IgG+IgM H+L polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab62795 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab62795 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-AKR1B1 antibody (ab62795)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hevir N et al. Decreased levels of AKR1B1 and AKR1B10 in cancerous endometrium compared to adjacent non-cancerous tissue. Chem Biol Interact : (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23146748) »