Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/2 antibodySee all AKT1/2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/2
- Specificityab6076 recognizes both AKT1 and AKT2. The sequence used as the immunogen differs from the mouse sequence by 1 amino acid.
- Tested applicationsICC, WB, IHC, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminal amino acids of Human AKT1/2.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HepG2; MCF7; HeLa; NIH3T3.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6076 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC||IHC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceThe serine/threonine kinase AKT (protein kinase B or PKB) has a central role in the regulation of several signaling pathways controlling cell proliferation, apoptosis, angiogenesis, and diabetes. In humans, there are three genes in the "AKT family": AKT1, AKT2, and AKT3. AKT1 is catalytically inactive in serum starved primary and immortalized fibroblasts. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet derived growth factor. The activation is rapid and specific. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery. AKT2 is a putative oncogene and is a general protein kinase capable of phophorylating several known proteins. AKT2 is amplified and overexpressed in some human carcinomas. AKT2 acts primarily as a regulator of glucose metabolism.
- Cellular localizationATK1: Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Note: Nucleus after activation by integrin-linked protein kinase 1 (ILK1). Nuclear translocation is enhanced by interaction with TCL1A.
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 208 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11652 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25233 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 164731 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31751 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q60823 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: P47197 Rat
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 631535 Human
- AKT 1 antibody
- AKT 2 antibody
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1 kinase antibody
- AKT2 antibody
- AKT2 kinase antibody
- C AKT antibody
- MGC9965 antibody
- MGC99656 antibody
- Murine thymoma viral (v akt) homolog 2 antibody
- Murine thymoma viral (vakt) oncogene homolog 1 antibody
- Oncogene AKT1 antibody
- PKB Akt antibody
- PKB alpha antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB beta antibody
- PKBalpha antibody
- PKBB antibody
- PKBBETA antibody
- PRKBA antibody
- PRKBB antibody
- Protein kinase Akt 2 antibody
- Protein Kinase B Alpha antibody
- Protein kinase B antibody
- Protein kinase B beta antibody
- RAC alpha antibody
- RAC alpha serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- RAC antibody
- RAC BETA antibody
- RAC beta serine threonine protein kinase antibody
- RAC PK alpha antibody
- RAC PK beta antibody
- Rac protein kinase alpha antibody
- Rac protein kinase beta antibody
- RACbeta antibody
- v akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibody
- v akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- vAKT Murine Thymoma Viral Oncogene Homolog 1 antibody
- VAKT Murine Thymona Viral Oncogene 1 antibody
Anti-AKT1/2 antibody images
ab6076 detecting strong nuclear staining of AKT1/2 in adult dorsal root ganglion cells cultured for 2 days. ab6076 was used at 1/300 (incubated for 2h at room temperature). Secondary antibody used is anti-rabbit alexa fluor 488 (at 1/1000 for 1hr at room temperature). The cell diameter is approx. 25
µm. Nucl = Nucleus; Cyt.=Cytoplasm.
All lanes : Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-AKT1/2 antibody (ab6076)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shen R et al. The biological features of PanIN initiated from oncogenic Kras mutation in genetically engineered mouse models. Cancer Lett 339:135-43 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23887057) »
- Riaz A et al. Receptor-specific mechanisms regulate phosphorylation of AKT at Ser473: role of RICTOR in ß1 integrin-mediated cell survival. PLoS One 7:e32081 (2012). IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22384145) »