Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody (ab106693)
- Product nameAnti-AKT1/2/3 antibodySee all AKT1/2/3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to AKT1/2/3
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Goat, Cow, Dog, Pig
Synthetic peptide: CRPHFPQFSYSASGTA conjugated to KLH using maleimide, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 466-480 of Human, Mouse, Rat and Chicken AKT1/2/3.
- Positive control
- Human colon tumour tissue, Human liver tissue, Cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytes expressing an AKT construct
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesDelipidation and Defibrination
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106693 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa.Can be blocked with AKT1 peptide (ab9041).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/2000 - 1/10000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionIGF-1 leads to the activation of AKT3, which may play a role in regulating cell survival. Capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Truncated isoform 2/PKB gamma 1 without the second serine phosphorylation site could still be stimulated but to a lesser extent.
- Tissue specificityIn adult tissues, it is highly expressed in brain, lung and kidney, but weakly in heart, testis and liver. In fetal tissues, it is highly expressed in heart, liver and brain and not at all in kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. RAC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainBinding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Thr-305 and Ser-472 is required for full activity (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Ubiquitinated. When fully phosphorylated and translocated into the nucleus, undergoes 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitination catalyzed by TTC3, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Membrane-associated after cell stimulation leading to its translocation.
- Entrez Gene: 10000 Human
- Entrez Gene: 207 Human
- Entrez Gene: 208 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11651 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 11652 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 23797 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24185 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25233 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29414 Rat
- Omim: 164730 Human
- Omim: 164731 Human
- Omim: 611223 Human
- SwissProt: P31749 Human
- SwissProt: P31751 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Y243 Human
- SwissProt: P31750 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q60823 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WUA6 Mouse
- SwissProt: P47196 Rat
- SwissProt: P47197 Rat
- SwissProt: Q63484 Rat
- Unigene: 498292 Human
- Unigene: 525622 Human
- Unigene: 631535 Human
- Unigene: 235194 Mouse
- Unigene: 10506 Rat
- Unigene: 11422 Rat
- Unigene: 87066 Rat
- AKT antibody
- AKT1 antibody
- AKT1 kinase antibody
- AKT2 antibody
- AKT2 kinase antibody
- Akt3 antibody
- AKT3_HUMAN antibody
- CAKT antibody
- DKFZp434N0250 antibody
- kinase Akt1 antibody
- MGC99656 antibody
- Murine thymoma viral (v-akt) homolog 2 antibody
- PKB antibody
- PKB gamma antibody
- PKB-GAMMA antibody
- PKB/Akt antibody
- PKBALPHA antibody
- PKBB antibody
- PKBBETA antibody
- PKBG antibody
- PKBGAMMA antibody
- PRKBA antibody
- PRKBB antibody
- PRKBG antibody
- Protein kinase Akt-3 antibody
- Protein kinase B antibody
- Protein kinase B gamma antibody
- RAC antibody
- rac protein kinase alpha antibody
- rac protein kinase beta antibody
- RAC-gamma antibody
- RAC-gamma serine/threonine-protein kinase antibody
- RAC-PK-gamma antibody
- RACALPHA antibody
- RACalpha serine/threonine kinase antibody
- RACBETA antibody
- RACgamma antibody
- RACgamma serine/threonine protein kinase antibody
- RACPKgamma antibody
- serine threonine protein kinase antibody
- STK-2 antibody
- STK2 antibody
- thymoma viral proto oncogene 1 antibody
- thymoma viral proto oncogene antibody
- vakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1 antibody
- vakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 2 antibody
- vakt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 antibody
Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody images
ab106693, at 1/100 dilution, staing AKT1/2/3 in Human liver followed by biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
ab106693 at 1/100 dilution, staining AKT1/2/3 in Human colon, A) normal tissue B) tumour tissue.
ab106693, at 1/80 dilution, staining AKT1/2/3 in cultured neonatal Rat cardiomyocytes that express a nuclear-targeted AKT construct. Anti-AKT1/2/3 staining appears green. Actin filaments are labeled red using a Texas-red™ conjugated phalloidin.
References for Anti-AKT1/2/3 antibody (ab106693)
ab106693 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.