For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-ALP antibody
See all ALP primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to ALP
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
WB, ELISAmore details
- Species reactivity
HumanPredicted to work with:
Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within N terminal amino acids 2-51 (PQTVILPGPA PWGFRLSGGI DFNQPLVITR ITPGSKAAAA NLCPGDVILA) of human ALP (NP_055291).
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1/1562500.
- FunctionMay play a role in the organization of actin filament arrays within muscle cells.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is highly expressed in differentiated skeletal muscle. Isoform 2 is heart-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 LIM zinc-binding domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Localizes to myofiber Z-lines.
Information by UniProt
- Actinin associated LIM protein antibody
- Actinin-associated LIM protein antibody
- Alpha actinin 2 associated LIM protein antibody
Anti-ALP antibody images
Western blot - ALP antibody (ab83259)
Anti-ALP antibody (ab83259) at 1 µg/ml (5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 39 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-ALP antibody (ab83259)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"