Anti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibody (ab8751)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin antibodySee all alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin
- SpecificityThis product gives a single arc when tested by IEP and 2D-IEP against human serum. Identity isconfirmed by double diffusion (Ouchterlony) vs human serum and a known anti-human á1 Antichymotrypsin
- Tested applicationsDouble Immunodiffusion, Immunoelectrophoresis, RID more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig
Human serum α-1 anti-chymotrypsin purified from plasma.
- General notes
á-1 anti-chymotrypsin is a serine proteinase inhibitor with a molecular weight of 68 kDa, occuring inserum at 250-500mg/L. It appears to inhibit chymotrypsin specifically and is also a minor acute phaseprotein.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferGlycine buffered saline pH7.4, 0.1% Sodium Azide, 0.1% EACA, 0.01% Benzamidine,1mM EDTA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesAntiserum is prepared by immunisation of sheep with human á-1 anti-chymotrypsin and, if necessary, adsorbed tomonospecificity by use of solid-phase adsorbents. An immunoglobulin fraction is then produced. The titre is adjusted so that inter-batch variation is within10%. The product is 0.2µm filtered.
- Primary antibody notes á-1 anti-chymotrypsin is a serine proteinase inhibitor with a molecular weight of 68 kDa, occuring inserum at 250-500mg/L. It appears to inhibit chymotrypsin specifically and is also a minor acute phaseprotein.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8751 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RID: 4µL antiserum/cm2 gel vs 5µL human serum, 1/2 - 1/20
Double diffusion: 10µL antiserum vs 5µL serum
IEP: 100µL antiserum vs 5µL serum
The use of 3% PEG 6000 with 1.2% agarose in a suitable buffer (such as Tris borate EDTA or Tris-barbital (pH ≥ 8.2)) is recommended.
Suitability for use in nephelometry, immunohistochemical procedures, enzyme-linked immunosorbentassays and Western blot has not been assessed but use in such assays should not necessarily beexcluded.
- FunctionAlthough its physiological function is unclear, it can inhibit neutrophil cathepsin G and mast cell chymase, both of which can convert angiotensin-1 to the active angiotensin-2.
- Tissue specificityPlasma. Synthesized in the liver. Like the related alpha-1-antitrypsin, its concentration increases in the acute phase of inflammation or infection. Found in the amyloid plaques from the hippocampus of Alzheimer disease brains.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINA3 may be a cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) [MIM:107280].
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
- DomainThe reactive center loop (RCL) extends out from the body of the protein and directs binding to the target protease. The protease cleaves the serpin at the reactive site within the RCL, establishing a covalent linkage between the carboxyl group of the serpin reactive site and the serine hydroxyl of the protease. The resulting inactive serpin-protease complex is highly stable.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- SERPINA3 antibody
- AACT antibody
- AACT_HUMAN antibody
- ACT antibody
- Alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 1 antibody
- Alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 2 antibody
- Alpha 1 Antichymotrypsin 3 antibody
- Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency antibody
- Alpha-1-antichymotrypsin His-Pro-less antibody
- Anti Elastase antibody
- Antichymotrypsin antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 24/25 protein antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 24/25 protein antibody
- Clade A (Alpha 1 Antiproteinase Antitrypsin) antibody
- GIG24 antibody
- GIG25 antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 24 antibody
- Growth inhibiting protein 25 antibody
- MGC88254 antibody
- PI1 antibody
- Protease Inhibitor 1 antibody
- Serine (or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor antibody
- Serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor clade A (alpha 1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin) member 3 antibody
- Serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor clade A member 3 antibody
- Serine proteinase inhibitor clade A member 3 antibody
- Serpin A3 antibody
- Serpin peptidase inhibitor clade A (alpha 1 antiproteinase antitrypsin) member 3 antibody
- SERPINA1 antibody
- SERPINA2 antibody
- SERPINA3 antibody