Anti-alpha 1 Catenin antibody (ab52227)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Catenin antibodySee all alpha 1 Catenin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Catenin
- Specificityab52227 detects endogenous levels of total alpha 1 Catenin protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human alpha 1 Catenin.
- Positive control
- HeLa cells extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52227 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa).|
- RelevanceThe distinct peripheral cytosolic proteins, alpha, beta and gamma-catenin (102, 94 and 86 kDa) found in many tissues bind to the conserved cytoplasmic tail domain of the cell-adhesion cadherins. Catenins link E-cadherin to other integral membrane or cytoplasmic proteins and are modulated by Wnt-1 proto-oncogene. They are good candidates for mediating transduction of cell-cell contact positional signals to the cell interior. Absence of alpha-catenin is found in certain tumor cell lines and reduced levels in certain human carcinomas. Beta-catenin binds directly to the cytoplasmic tail of E-cadherin. It binds to the N-terminus of alpha-catenin and interacts with the protein product of the tumor suppressor gene APC. This interaction involves a 15-aa repeat in the APC. Beta-catenin cell levels seem to be controlled by APC. The central core region of beta-catenin is involved in mediation of cadherin-catenin complex interaction with EGFR.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane and Cytoplasmic
- alpha catenin antibody
- alpha E catenin antibody
- alphaE catenin antibody
- Cadherin associated protein 102kDa antibody
- Cadherin associated protein antibody
- CAP 102 antibody
- CAP102 antibody
- Catenin (cadherin associated protein) alpha 1 102kDa antibody
- Catenin (cadherin associated protein), alpha 1, 102kDa antibody
- Catenin alpha 1 antibody
- CTNNA 1 antibody
- CTNNA1 antibody
- FLJ36832 antibody
- FLJ52416 antibody
- NY REN 13 antigen antibody
- OTTHUMP00000224141 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000224147 antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 13 antibody
Anti-alpha 1 Catenin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-alpha 1 Catenin antibody (ab52227) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell Lysate; ab52227 pre-incubated with immunising (blocking) peptide
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa
ab52227 (1/100) staining alpha 1 Catenin in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue. Right hand panel represents a negative control for which ab52227 was pre-incubated with the immunising peptide (blocking).
Western blot of ab52227 detecting alpha 1 catenin protein. Mouse small intestine epithelial cells were isolated and run on a 9% denaturing gel. The gel was blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour before being incubated with ab52227 (1:1000) for 12 hours at 4°C in 5% Milk/TBS Tween. The antibody was detected using anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to HRP (1:2500). Lane 1 is an intestinal epithelial lysate taken from a conditional Adenomatous Polyposis Coli (APC) mutant mouse, while lane 2 was taken from a control.
References for Anti-alpha 1 Catenin antibody (ab52227)
ab52227 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.