alpha 1 Fetoprotein peptide (ab108470)
- Product namealpha 1 Fetoprotein peptideSee all alpha 1 Fetoprotein proteins and peptides ...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108470 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Alpha fetoglobulin
- Alpha fetoprotein
- Alpha fetoprotein precursor
- Hereditary persistence of alpha fetoprotein
- FunctionBinds copper, nickel, and fatty acids as well as, and bilirubin less well than, serum albumin. Only a small percentage (less than 2%) of the human AFP shows estrogen-binding properties.
- Tissue specificityPlasma. Synthesized by the fetal liver and yolk sac.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
- Developmental stageOccurs in the plasma of fetuses more than 4 weeks old, reaches the highest levels during the 12th-16th week of gestation, and drops to trace amounts after birth. The serum level in adults is usually less than 40 ng/ml. AFP occurs also at high levels in the plasma and ascitic fluid of adults with hepatoma.
modificationsIndependent studies suggest heterogeneity of the N-terminal sequence of the mature protein and of the cleavage site of the signal sequence.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
References for alpha 1 Fetoprotein peptide (ab108470)
ab108470 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.