Anti-alpha 1 Glycine Receptor antibody (ab26134)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Glycine Receptor antibodySee all alpha 1 Glycine Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Glycine Receptor
- Specificityab26134 recognises Glycine receptor alpha-1 chain precursor (GLRA1).
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide derived from a region between residues 178 - 227 of human Glycine Receptor alpha 1.
- Positive control
- Raji cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26134 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionThe glycine receptor is a neurotransmitter-gated ion channel. Binding of glycine to its receptor increases the chloride conductance and thus produces hyperpolarization (inhibition of neuronal firing).
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLRA1 are a cause of startle disease (STHE) [MIM:149400]; also known as hereditary hyperekplexia or congenital stiff-person syndrome. STHE is a genetically heterogeneous neurologic disorder characterized by muscular rigidity of central nervous system origin, particularly in the neonatal period, and by an exaggerated startle response to unexpected acoustic or tactile stimuli. Inheritance can be autosomal dominant or recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Glycine receptor (TC 1.A.9.3) subfamily. GLRA1 sub-subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 281783 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 489172 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 2741 Human
- Entrez Gene: 14654 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25674 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 30676 Zebrafish
- Omim: 138491 Human
- SwissProt: P57695 Cow
- SwissProt: P23415 Human
- SwissProt: Q64018 Mouse
- SwissProt: P07727 Rat
- SwissProt: O93430 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 121490 Human
- Unigene: 89320 Mouse
- Unigene: 10109 Rat
- GLRA1 antibody
- GLRA1_HUMAN antibody
- Glycine receptor 48 kDa subunit antibody
- Glycine receptor alpha 1 antibody
- Glycine receptor strychnine-binding subunit antibody
- Glycine receptor subunit alpha-1 antibody
- Glycine receptor, alpha 1 subunit antibody
- HKPX1 antibody
- STHE antibody
Anti-alpha 1 Glycine Receptor antibody images
Anti-alpha 1 Glycine Receptor antibody (ab26134) at 1 µg/ml + Raji cell lysate
Predicted band size : 51 kDa
References for Anti-alpha 1 Glycine Receptor antibody (ab26134)
ab26134 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.