Anti-alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody (ab74945)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase antibodySee all alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase
- SpecificitySpecific for Sodium Potassium ATPase, alpha 1 subunit.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide from the N-terminus of mouse/rat alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase, conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive result in IF/ICC when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: Pc12.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74945 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 113 kDa. This antibody has been tested in Western blot against the recombinant peptide used as an immunogen. We have no data on detection of endogenous protein.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/3000.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/3000.|
- FunctionThis is the catalytic component of the active enzyme, which catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the exchange of sodium and potassium ions across the plasma membrane. This action creates the electrochemical gradient of sodium and potassium ions, providing the energy for active transport of various nutrients.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cation transport ATPase (P-type) (TC 3.A.3) family. Type IIC subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Tyr-10 modulates pumping activity.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- AT1A1_HUMAN antibodyATP1A1 antibodyAtpa-1 antibody
- ATPase Na+/K+ transporting alpha 1 polypeptide antibodyBC010319 antibodyEC 126.96.36.199 antibodyMGC3285 antibodyMGC38419 antibodyMGC51750 antibodyNa K ATPase alpha A catalytic polypeptide antibodyNa K ATPase catalytic subunit alpha A protein antibodyNa(+)/K(+) ATPase 1 antibodyNa(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha-1 subunit antibodyNa+/K+ ATPase alpha 1 subunit antibodyNa+/K+ ATPase 1 antibodyNkaa1b antibodySodium potassium ATPase alpha 1 polypeptide antibodySodium pump 1 antibodySodium pump subunit alpha-1 antibodySodium/potassium transporting ATPase alpha 1 chain antibodySodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody images
IHC image of ab74945 staining in human renal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab74945, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab74945 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab74945 at 1/200 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-alpha 1 Sodium Potassium ATPase antibody (ab74945)
This product has been referenced in:
- Alves RM et al. iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis of submandibular glands from rats with STZ-induced hyperglycemia. J Biochem 153:209-20 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23225596) »