alpha 1 Antitrypsin (SERPINA1) Human ELISA Kit (ab108798)
- Product namealpha 1 Antitrypsin (SERPINA1) Human ELISA KitSee all alpha 1 Antitrypsin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.5%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity= 0.04 µg/ml
- Range0.039 µg/ml - 40 µg/ml
- Assay time3h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s alpha 1 Antitrypsin (SERPINA1) Human in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of alpha 1 antitrypsin levels in plasma and serum.
An alpha 1 antitrypsin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently biotinylated alpha 1 Antitrypsin is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of alpha 1 antitrypsin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml 2X Biotinylated Human alpha 1 Antitrypsin (Lyophilized) 1 vial alpha 1 Antitrypsin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit alpha 1 Antitrypsin Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionInhibitor of serine proteases. Its primary target is elastase, but it also has a moderate affinity for plasmin and thrombin. Irreversibly inhibits trypsin, chymotrypsin and plasminogen activator. The aberrant form inhibits insulin-induced NO synthesis in platelets, decreases coagulation time and has proteolytic activity against insulin and plasmin.
Short peptide from AAT: reversible chymotrypsin inhibitor. It also inhibits elastase, but not trypsin. Its major physiological function is the protection of the lower respiratory tract against proteolytic destruction by human leukocyte elastase (HLE).
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SERPINA1 are the cause of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency (A1ATD) [MIM:613490]. A disorder whose most common manifestation is emphysema, which becomes evident by the third to fourth decade. A less common manifestation of the deficiency is liver disease, which occurs in children and adults, and may result in cirrhosis and liver failure. Environmental factors, particularly cigarette smoking, greatly increase the risk of emphysema at an earlier age.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
- DomainThe reactive center loop (RCL) extends out from the body of the protein and directs binding to the target protease. The protease cleaves the serpin at the reactive site within the RCL, establishing a covalent linkage between the carboxyl group of the serpin reactive site and the serine hydroxyl of the protease. The resulting inactive serpin-protease complex is highly stable.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Differential glycosylation produces a number of isoforms. N-linked glycan at Asn-107 is alternatively di-antennary, tri-antennary or tetra-antennary. The glycan at Asn-70 is di-antennary with trace amounts of tri-antennary. Glycan at Asn-271 is exclusively di-antennary. Structure of glycans at Asn-70 and Asn-271 is Hex5HexNAc4. The structure of the antennae is Neu5Ac(alpha1-6)Gal(beta1-4)GlcNAc attached to the core structure Man(alpha1-6)[Man(alpha1-3)]Man(beta1-4)GlcNAc(beta1-4)GlcNAc. Some antennae are fucosylated, which forms a Lewis-X determinant.
Proteolytic processing may yield the truncated form that ranges from Asp-30 to Lys-418.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix and Secreted.
- Alpha 1 antiproteinase
- Alpha 1 protease inhibitor
- Alpha-1 protease inhibitor
- alpha-1-antitrypsin null
- protease inhibitor 1 (anti-elastase)
- Serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor clade A member 1
- serine (or cysteine) proteinase inhibitor, clade A, member 1
- Serpin A1
- Serpin peptidase inhibitor clade A (alpha 1 antiproteinase, antitrypsin) member 1
- Short peptide from AAT
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108798 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for alpha 1 Antitrypsin (SERPINA1) Human ELISA Kit (ab108798)
ab108798 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.