alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108888)
- Product namealpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA KitSee all alpha 2 Macroglobulin kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma
- Assay typeCompetitive
- Sensitivity= 1 µg/ml
- Range1.25 µg/ml - 40 µg/ml
- Assay time3h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Alpha 2 Macroglobulin is a major serum protein with diverse functions, including inhibition of protease activity and binding of growth factors, cytokines, and disease factors. Increased serum alpha-2-Macroglobulin has been suggested to be associated with multiple sclerosis (MS), glomerular disease, and with liver diseases.
ab108888 is designed for detection of human alpha 2 Macroglobulin in plasma, and serum. This assay employs a quantitative competitive enzyme immunoassay technique that measures human alpha 2 Macroglobulin in less than 3 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for human alpha 2 Macroglobulin has been pre-coated onto a 96-well microplate with removable strips. Alpha 2 Macroglobulin in standards and samples is competed by a biotinylated alpha 2 Macroglobulin sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsCompetitive ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Alpha 2 Macroglobulin Microplate: 1 unit Alpha 2 Macroglobulin Standard: 1 unit Biotinylated Alpha 2 Macroglobulin: 1 unit Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 30ml
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5A2mA2MD
- A2MG_HUMANAlpha-2-MAlpha-2-macroglobulinC3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5CPAMD5FWP007Pregnancy zone proteinS863-7
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108888 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108888)
ab108888 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.