Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [2D9] (ab36995)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [2D9]See all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D9] to alpha 2 Macroglobulin
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Alpha-2-macroglobulin protein purified from Human plasma.
- Positive control
- Human plasma.
- General notesWe have received mixed feedback from our customers regarding the IHC-P application. Please contact the scientific support team for more information.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 0.15M Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D9
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36995 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 178 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 163 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2M antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [2D9] images
All lanes : Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [2D9] (ab36995)
Lane 1 : Alpha 2 Macroglobulin isolated from Human plasma
Lane 2 : Human plasma
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
anti-mouse IgG -HRP
Predicted band size : 163 kDa
Observed band size : ~178 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : >200 kDa (possible non-specific binding).
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [2D9] (ab36995)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lund J et al. ADAMDEC1 is a metzincin metalloprotease with dampened proteolytic activity. J Biol Chem 288:21367-75 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23754285) »
- Yoo SW et al. A Large Network of Interconnected Signaling Pathways in Human Ovarian Follicles is Supported by the Gene Expression Activity of the Granulosa Cells. Reprod Sci 18:476-84 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21558463) »