Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (Biotin) (ab7338)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (Biotin)See all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to alpha 2 Macroglobulin (Biotin)
- Conjugation notesBiotinamidocaproate N-Hydroxysuccinimide Ester (BAC) Biotin/Protein Ratio: 10-20 BAC molecules per Rabbit IgG molecule
- Tested applicationsImmunomicroscopy, IP, WB, Dot Blot, ELISA, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Alpha-2-Macroglobulin [Human Plasma]
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA, 0.42% Potassium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7338 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA (1:9,000 to 1:36,000)
as well as other antibody based assays using streptavidin or avidin conjugates requiring lot-to-lot consistency.
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2M antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (Biotin) (ab7338)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jensen PE et al. Significantly increased fractions of transformed to total alpha2-macroglobulin concentrations in plasma from patients with multiple sclerosis. Biochim Biophys Acta 1690:203-7 (2004). ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 15511627) »