Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [EPR4432] (ab109422)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [EPR4432]See all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4432] to alpha 2 Macroglobulin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human alpha 2 Macroglobulin.
- Positive control
- Human plasma lysate; Human liver tissue
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR4432
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109422 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 163 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/500 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2m antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [EPR4432] images
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [EPR4432] (ab109422) at 1/1000 dilution + Human plasma lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size : 163 kDa
ab109422, at 1/500 dilution, staining alpha 2 Macroglobulin in paraffin-embedded Human liver by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody [EPR4432] (ab109422)
ab109422 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.