Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab48555)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibodySee all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 2 Macroglobulin
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for alpha 2 Macroglobulin.
- Tested applicationsRIA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native alpha 2 Macroglobulin protein (purified from plasma) (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.5
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48555 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 163 kDa.|
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2m antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody images
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab48555) at 1 µg/ml +
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 163 kDa
Observed band size : 175 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa,60 kDa,80 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab48555)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu Z et al. Tandem 18O stable isotope labeling for quantification of N-glycoproteome. J Proteome Res 9:227-36 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19921957) »
- Insenser M et al. Proteomic analysis of plasma in the polycystic ovary syndrome identifies novel markers involved in iron metabolism, acute-phase response, and inflammation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3863-70 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20484478) »