Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab58703)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibodySee all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha 2 Macroglobulin
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminal residues of human alpha 2 Macroglobulin.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified by antigen specific affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58703 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 163 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2M antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody images
Ab58703 staining alpha 2 Macroglobulin in human liver.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab58703 staining alpha 2 Macroglobulin in rat decidual cells by Immunocytochemistry. Cells were fixed with Methanol, permeabilized with PBS, 5% BSA, 0.1% Triton X-100 and 0.2% Tween-20 and blocking with 5% BSA was performed for 15 minutes at RT. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500) in PBS for 14 hours at 4°C. A commercially available Avidin–biotin alkaline phosphatase complex technique was used.
All lanes : Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab58703) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (control group)
Lane 2 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (control group)
Lane 3 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (control group)
Lane 4 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (encephalomyelitis group)
Lane 5 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (encephalomyelitis group)
Lane 6 : lysates prepared from rat spinal cord tissues (encephalomyelitis group)
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
goat anti-rabbit IgG coupled to horseradish peroxidase
Predicted band size : 163 kDa
Observed band size : 163 kDa
Additional bands at : 60 kDa (possible cleavage fragment),80 kDa (possible cleavage fragment).
Image from Jain MR et al, Proteome Sci. 2009 Jul 16;7:25, Fig 2.
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab58703) at 1 µg/ml +
Human alpha 2 Macroglobulin full length protein (ab77935) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab58703)
This product has been referenced in:
- Jain MR et al. Altered proteolytic events in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis discovered by iTRAQ shotgun proteomics analysis of spinal cord. Proteome Sci 7:25 (2009). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19607715) »
- Fonseca BM et al. Anandamide-induced cell death: dual effects in primary rat decidual cell cultures. Placenta 30:686-92 (2009). WB, ICC ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19560819) »