Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab7337)
- Product nameAnti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibodySee all alpha 2 Macroglobulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to alpha 2 Macroglobulin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, ELISA, Conjugation, Dot Blot more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Alpha-2-Macroglobulin [Human Plasma]
- Positive control
- ELISA/WB: recombinant protein (human) ICC/IF: Malme-3m cell line
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.02M K Phosphate, 0.15M NaCl, 0.01% Sodium Azide, pH7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis against the buffer.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7337 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use under non reducing condition. Detects a band of approximately 726 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/40000 - 1/200000. This product has been assayed against 1.0 ug of ?2-Macroglobulin [Human Plasma] in a standard ELISA using Peroxidase conjugated Affinity Purified anti-Goat IgG [H&L] (Goat) ab6721 and ABTS (2,2’-azino-bis-[3-ethylbenthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid] as a substrate for 30 minutes at room temperature.|
|Conjugation||Conjugation: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionIs able to inhibit all four classes of proteinases by a unique 'trapping' mechanism. This protein has a peptide stretch, called the 'bait region' which contains specific cleavage sites for different proteinases. When a proteinase cleaves the bait region, a conformational change is induced in the protein which traps the proteinase. The entrapped enzyme remains active against low molecular weight substrates (activity against high molecular weight substrates is greatly reduced). Following cleavage in the bait region a thioester bond is hydrolyzed and mediates the covalent binding of the protein to the proteinase.
- Tissue specificitySecreted in plasma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I39 (alpha-2-macroglobulin) family.
- Developmental stageContrary to the rat protein, which is an acute phase protein, this protein is always present at high levels in circulation.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- A2M antibody
- A2MG_HUMAN antibody
- Alpha 2 M antibody
- Alpha 2M antibody
- Alpha-2-M antibody
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin antibody
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5 antibody
- CPAMD5 antibody
- DKFZp779B086 antibody
- FWP007 antibody
- S863 7 antibody
Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab7337 stained Malme-3m cells. The cells were 4% paraformaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7337, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96931, DyLight® 488 donkey anti-goat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody (ab7337)
This product has been referenced in:
- Burgess EF et al. Prostate cancer serum biomarker discovery through proteomic analysis of alpha-2 macroglobulin protein complexes. Proteomics Clin Appl 2:1223 (2008). WB, IP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20107526) »