Anti-alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19) antibody (ab5597)
- Product nameAnti-alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19) antibodySee all Alpha B Crystallin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19)
- Specificityab5597 detects phospho-alpha-B crystallin (Ser19) from bovine, human, mouse and rat samples. This antibody does not detect the unphosphorylated form of the protein.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide: FFPFHSpPSRLFD, corresponding to amino acids 14-25 of Human Crystallin (alpha B).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, 30mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5597 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20 kDa representing phospho-alpha-B crystallin (Ser19) from human cell extract.
Immunofluorescence staining of phospho-alpha-B crystallin (Ser19) in U373 MG cells results in cytoplasmic staining.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMay contribute to the transparency and refractive index of the lens.
- Tissue specificityLens as well as other tissues.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CRYAB are the cause of myofibrillar alpha-B crystallin-related (MFM-CRYAB) [MIM:608810]. A neuromuscular disorder that results in weakness of the proximal and distal limb muscles, weakness of the neck, velopharynx and trunk muscles, hypetrophic cardiomyopathy, and cataract in a subset of patients.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small heat shock protein (HSP20) family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocates to the nucleus during heat shock and resides in sub-nuclear structures known as SC35 speckles or nuclear splicing speckles.
- AACRYA antibody
- Alpha B crystallin antibody
- Alpha crystallin B chain antibody
- Alpha crystallin B chain antibody
- Alpha(B) crystallin antibody
- Alpha(B)-crystallin antibody
- Alpha-crystallin B chain antibody
- CRYA2 antibody
- CRYAB antibody
- CRYAB_HUMAN antibody
- Crystallin alpha B antibody
- Crystallin alpha polypeptide 2 antibody
- CTPP 2 antibody
- CTPP2 antibody
- Heat shock 20 kD like protein antibody
- Heat shock protein beta 5 antibody
- Heat shock protein beta-5 antibody
- HSPB5 antibody
- NY REN 27 antigen antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 27 antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-27 antibody
- Rosenthal fiber component antibody
Anti-alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19) antibody (ab5597) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : phospho-alpha-B crystallin (Ser19)
Lane 2 : unphosphorylated alpha-B crystallin
Observed band size : 20 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-alpha B Crystallin (phospho S19) antibody (ab5597)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lambrecht S et al. Differential expression of alphaB-crystallin and evidence of its role as a mediator of matrix gene expression in osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum 60:179-88 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19116904) »