Anti-alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125) antibody (ab131466)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125) antibodySee all alpha Synuclein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125)
- Specificityab131466 detects alpha Synuclein only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 125.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, surrounding phosphorylation site of Tyrosine 125 (E-A-Yp-E-M) derived from Human alpha Synuclein (NP_000336.1).
- Positive controlHeLa cells; extracts of C2C12 cells treated with anisomycin.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride
Note: PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab131466 was purified by affinity- chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/200.|
- FunctionMay be involved in the regulation of dopamine release and transport. Induces fibrillization of microtubule-associated protein tau. Reduces neuronal responsiveness to various apoptotic stimuli, leading to a decreased caspase-3 activation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed principally in brain but is also expressed in low concentrations in all tissues examined except in liver. Concentrated in presynaptic nerve terminals.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Genetic alterations of SNCA resulting in aberrant polymerization into fibrils, are associated with several neurodegenerative diseases (synucleinopathies). SNCA fibrillar aggregates represent the major non A-beta component of Alzheimer disease amyloid plaque, and a major component of Lewy body inclusions. They are also found within Lewy body (LB)-like intraneuronal inclusions, glial inclusions and axonal spheroids in neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation type 1.
Defects in SNCA are the cause of Parkinson disease type 1 (PARK1) [MIM:168601]. A complex neurodegenerative disorder characterized by bradykinesia, resting tremor, muscular rigidity and postural instability. Additional features are characteristic postural abnormalities, dysautonomia, dystonic cramps, and dementia. The pathology of Parkinson disease involves the loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and the presence of Lewy bodies (intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins), in surviving neurons in various areas of the brain. The disease is progressive and usually manifests after the age of 50 years, although early-onset cases (before 50 years) are known. The majority of the cases are sporadic suggesting a multifactorial etiology based on environmental and genetic factors. However, some patients present with a positive family history for the disease. Familial forms of the disease usually begin at earlier ages and are associated with atypical clinical features.
Defects in SNCA are the cause of Parkinson disease type 4 (PARK4) [MIM:605543]. A complex neurodegenerative disorder with manifestations ranging from typical Parkinson disease to dementia with Lewy bodies. Clinical features include parkinsonian symptoms (tremor, rigidity, postural instability and bradykinesia), dementia, diffuse Lewy body pathology, autonomic dysfunction, hallucinations and paranoia.
Defects in SNCA are the cause of dementia Lewy body (DLB) [MIM:127750]. A neurodegenerative disorder clinically characterized by mental impairment leading to dementia, parkinsonism, often with fluctuating cognitive function, visual hallucinations, falls, syncopal episodes, and sensitivity to neuroleptic medication. Brainstem or cortical intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins (Lewy bodies) are the only essential pathologic features. Patients may also have hippocampal and neocortical senile plaques, sometimes in sufficient number to fulfill the diagnostic criteria for Alzheimer disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synuclein family.
- DomainThe 'non A-beta component of Alzheimer disease amyloid plaque' domain (NAC domain) is involved in fibrils formation. The middle hydrophobic region forms the core of the filaments. The C-terminus may regulate aggregation and determine the diameter of the filaments.
modificationsPhosphorylated, predominantly on serine residues. Phosphorylation by CK1 appears to occur on residues distinct from the residue phosphorylated by other kinases. Phosphorylation of Ser-129 is selective and extensive in synucleinopathy lesions. In vitro, phosphorylation at Ser-129 promoted insoluble fibril formation. Phosphorylated on Tyr-125 by a PTK2B-dependent pathway upon osmotic stress.
Hallmark lesions of neurodegenerative synucleinopathies contain alpha-synuclein that is modified by nitration of tyrosine residues and possibly by dityrosine cross-linking to generated stable oligomers.
Ubiquitinated. The predominant conjugate is the diubiquitinated form.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane. Nucleus. Cell junction > synapse. Membrane-bound in dopaminergic neurons.
- Alpha synuclein antibodyAlpha-synuclein antibodyAlpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140 antibody
- alphaSYN antibodyMGC105443 antibodyMGC110988 antibodyMGC127560 antibodyMGC64356 antibodyNACP antibodyNon A beta component of AD amyloid antibodyNon A4 component of amyloid antibodyNon A4 component of amyloid precursor antibodyNon-A beta component of AD amyloid antibodyNon-A-beta component of alzheimers disease amyloid , precursor of antibodyNon-A4 component of amyloid precursor antibodyOTTHUMP00000218549 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218551 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218552 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218553 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218554 antibodyPARK 1 antibodyPARK 4 antibodyPARK1 antibodyPARK4 antibodyParkinson disease (autosomal dominant, Lewy body) 4 antibodyParkinson disease familial 1 antibodyPD 1 antibodyPD1 antibodySNCA antibodySnca synuclein, alpha (non A4 component of amyloid precursor) antibodySynuclein alpha antibodySynuclein alpha 140 antibodySynuclein, alpha (non A4 component of amyloid precursor) antibodySYUA_HUMAN antibody
Anti-alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125) antibody (ab131466) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extract from C2C12 cells, untreated
Lane 2 : Extract from C2C12 cells treated with Anisomycin
Predicted band size : 14 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunoflourescent analysis of alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125)in methanol fixed HeLa cells stained with ab131466 at a 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-alpha Synuclein (phospho Y125) antibody (ab131466)
ab131466 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.