Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [B-5-1-2] (ab11304)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [B-5-1-2]See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B-5-1-2] to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsWB, RIA, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, African Green Monkey, Sea Urchin
Sarkosyl-resistant filaments from Stronglycentrotus purpuratus (sea urchin).
- EpitopeThe antibody recognizes an epitope located at the C-terminal end of the alpha tubulin isoform.
- Positive controlTotal cell extract of the human foreskin fibroblast cell line (FS11).
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is also not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB-5-1-2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11304 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules. This intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Microtubules function as structural and mobile elements in mitosis, intracellular transport, flagellar movement and in the cytoskeleton. Tubulin is a heterodimer which consists of alpha tubulin and beta tubulin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 404053 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- SwissProt: P02552 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81947 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5XJF8 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- Alpha tubulin 2 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3C/D antibody
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibodyB ALPHA 1 antibodybA408E5.3 antibodyH2 ALPHA antibodyHum a tub1 antibodyHum a tub2 antibodyLIS3 antibodyTUBA1 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA2 antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBA3C antibodyTUBA3D antibodyTUBA4A antibodyTubulin alpha 1 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 1A chain antibodyTubulin alpha 2 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3C/D chain antibodyTubulin alpha antibodyTubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibodyTubulin B alpha 1 antibodyTubulin K alpha 1 antibodyTubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibodyTubulin, alpha 1a antibodyTubulin, alpha 2 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3c antibodyTubulin, alpha 4a antibodyTubulin, alpha, brain specific antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [B-5-1-2] images
ab11304 at a 1/100 dilution staining human HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence. The cells were methanol fixed and blocked for 1 hour with 10% serum. The antibody was then incubated with the cells for 1 hour. Bound antibody was detected using a Goat anti-mouse TRITC antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Anonymous Abreview submitted on 12 April 2006.
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [B-5-1-2] (ab11304) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lane 6 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HEK293 cells
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated mouse anti-rabbit at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 10 seconds
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [B-5-1-2] (ab11304)
This product has been referenced in:
- Preyer M et al. Interplay between Kinase Domain Autophosphorylation and F-Actin Binding Domain in Regulating Imatinib Sensitivity and Nuclear Import of BCR-ABL. PLoS One 6:e17020 (2011). WB ; African Green Monkey . Read more (PubMed: 21347248) »
- Bou Kheir T et al. miR-449 inhibits cell proliferation and is down-regulated in gastric cancer. Mol Cancer 10:29 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21418558) »