Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide free (ab80779)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide freeSee all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - BSA and Azide free
- Specificityab80779 causes the 10-nm filaments to collapse into large lateral aggregates collecting in the cell periphery or tight juxtanuclear caps. It does not block microtubule assembly. It does not inhibit polymerization or depolymerization of platelet tubulin in vitro. It blocks (by 70-80%) the ability of tubulin dimers (with GppNHp bound) to promote a stable inhibition of adenylyl cyclase.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, WB, IP, IHC-P, Electron Microscopy, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Gerbil
Native chick brain microtubules.
- EpitopeAmino acids 426-450.
- Positive controlLs174T, MAD109 cells. Skin, lung. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDM1A
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80779 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2 µg/mg of lysate.|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules. This intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Microtubules function as structural and mobile elements in mitosis, intracellular transport, flagellar movement and in the cytoskeleton. Tubulin is a heterodimer which consists of alpha tubulin and beta tubulin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 404053 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100158003 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- SwissProt: P02552 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81947 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5XJF8 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- Alpha tubulin 2 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3C/D antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibodybA408E5.3 antibodyH2 ALPHA antibodyHum a tub1 antibodyHum a tub2 antibodyLIS3 antibodyTUBA1 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA2 antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBA3C antibodyTUBA3D antibodyTUBA4A antibodyTubulin alpha 1 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 1A chain antibodyTubulin alpha 2 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3C/D chain antibodyTubulin alpha antibodyTubulin B alpha 1 antibodyTubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibodyTubulin, alpha 1a antibodyTubulin, alpha 2 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3c antibodyTubulin, alpha 4a antibodyTubulin, alpha, brain specific antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide free images
ab80779 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab80779 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab96879) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in methanol fixed (100%, 5min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells, also in formaldehyde fixed (4%, 10min) HeLa, Hek293, and MCF-7 cells at 5ug/ml.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat lung stained with ab80779 at 1/400 dilution using a peroxidase-conjugate and DAB chromogen. Note cytoplasmic staining of ciliated epithelium of bronchioles.
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human lung stained with ab80779 at 1/400 dilution using a peroxidase-conjugate and AEC chromogen. Note cytoplasmic staining of ciliated epithelium of bronchioles.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab80779 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab80779, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [DM1A] - BSA and Azide free (ab80779)
This product has been referenced in:
- Turtoi A et al. Proteomic and genomic modulations induced by γ-irradiation of human blood lymphocytes. Int J Radiat Biol 86:888-904 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20653344) »
- Roychowdhury S et al. G protein binding and G protein activation by nucleotide transfer involve distinct domains on tubulin: regulation of signal transduction by cytoskeletal elements. Biochemistry 32:4955-61 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8490031) »