Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-16] (ab7749)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-16]See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TU-16] to alpha Tubulin
- SpecificityThe antibody binds tubulin under denaturing and non-denaturing conditions.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, Pig
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cow, Human, Plants
Full length native protein (purified) (Pig).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites using precipitation methods.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTU-16
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7749 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/500 (PMID 19429784).
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules. This intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Microtubules function as structural and mobile elements in mitosis, intracellular transport, flagellar movement and in the cytoskeleton. Tubulin is a heterodimer which consists of alpha tubulin and beta tubulin.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Entrez Gene: 404053 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100158003 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- Omim: 602529 Human
- Omim: 602528 Human
- SwissProt: P02552 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81947 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5XJF8 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- Alpha tubulin 2 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3 antibodyAlpha tubulin 3C/D antibody
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibodyB ALPHA 1 antibodybA408E5.3 antibodyH2 ALPHA antibodyHum a tub1 antibodyHum a tub2 antibodyLIS3 antibodyTUBA1 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA2 antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBA3C antibodyTUBA3D antibodyTUBA4A antibodyTubulin alpha 1 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 1A chain antibodyTubulin alpha 2 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3 chain antibodyTubulin alpha 3C/D chain antibodyTubulin alpha antibodyTubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibodyTubulin B alpha 1 antibodyTubulin K alpha 1 antibodyTubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibodyTubulin, alpha 1a antibodyTubulin, alpha 2 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3 antibodyTubulin, alpha 3c antibodyTubulin, alpha 4a antibodyTubulin, alpha, brain specific antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-16] images
Ab7749 staining human normal skin. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab7749 at 1/500 dilution staining alpha tubulin in chicken embryo trunk section by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Embryonic trunks were electroporated at Hamburger and Hamilton (HH) stages 14-16 with mem-EGFP, harvested 16-19 hours after electroporation at HH stages 17-19 and cryosectioned at 30 μm. Cryosections were rehydrated in PBS, the cells permeabilized in -20°C acetone for 20 minutes, washed in PBS and then blocked in PBS containing 2% normal goat serum (1% BSA, 0.1% cold water fish skin gelatin, 0.1% Triton X-100 and 0.05% Tween 20) for 20 minutes. Blocking solution was removed and cryosections were incubated overnight with primary antibody at 4°C. A Cy5 conjugated goat anti mouse IgM at 1/300 dilution was used as secondary.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody [TU-16] (ab7749)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ahlstrom JD & Erickson CA The neural crest epithelial-mesenchymal transition in 4D: a ;tail' of multiple non-obligatory cellular mechanisms. Development 136:1801-12 (2009). IHC-Fr ; Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 19429784) »
- Klaiman G et al. Targets of caspase-6 activity in human neurons and Alzheimer disease. Mol Cell Proteomics : (2008). WB . Read more (PubMed: 18487604) »