Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody, prediluted (ab15247)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibody, predilutedSee all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Tubulin, prediluted
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Gerbil
Synthetic peptide: AALEKDYEEVGVDSVEGEGEEEGEE , corresponding to amino acids 426-450 of Human alpha Tubulin.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50mM Tris, pH 7.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15247 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 418166 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 777775 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22145 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 316531 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- SwissProt: P09643 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81948 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: P68368 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- SwissProt: Q5XIF6 Rat
- SwissProt: P08537 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 75318 Human
- Unigene: 1155 Mouse
- Unigene: 92961 Rat
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
- bA408E5.3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Hum a tub1 antibody
- Hum a tub2 antibody
- LIS3 antibody
- TBA4A_HUMAN antibody
- Testis-specific alpha-tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- Tuba4a antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha antibody
- Tubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-4A chain antibody
- Tubulin H2-alpha antibody
- Tubulin K alpha 1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha, testis-specific antibody
- Tubulin, alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody, prediluted images
ab15247 staining alpha Tubulin in human lung tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody, prediluted (ab15247)
ab15247 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.