Anti-alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272) antibody [EP1334(2)Y] (ab76290)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272) antibody [EP1334(2)Y]See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1334(2)Y] to alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects alpha Tubulin phosphorylated at tyrosine 272.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
A phospho synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding tyrosine 272 of human alpha Tubulin.
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysates
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1334(2)Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76290 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/25000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
- bA408E5.3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Hum a tub1 antibody
- Hum a tub2 antibody
- LIS3 antibody
- TBA4A_HUMAN antibody
- Testis-specific alpha-tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- TUBA2 antibody
- TUBA3C antibody
- TUBA4A antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-4A chain antibody
- Tubulin H2-alpha antibody
- Tubulin K alpha 1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 3c antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha, testis-specific antibody
- Tubulin, alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272) antibody [EP1334(2)Y] images
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272) antibody [EP1334(2)Y] (ab76290) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysates, untreated.
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysates treated with pervanadate.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin (phospho Y272) antibody [EP1334(2)Y] (ab76290)
This product has been referenced in:
- Meshki J et al. Substance P induces rapid and transient membrane blebbing in U373MG cells in a p21-activated kinase-dependent manner. PLoS One 6:e25332 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21966499) »