For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-alpha Adducin (phospho S436) antibody [EPR2176]
See all alpha Adducin primary antibodies
Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2176] to alpha Adducin (phospho S436)
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
ICC,IHC-P or IP
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Serine 436 of Human alpha Adducin.
- Positive control
- General notes
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Produced using Abcam’s RabMAb® technology. RabMAb® technology is covered by the following U.S. Patents, No. 5,675,063 and/or 7,429,487.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEPR2176
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for ICC,IHC-P or IP.
||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).
- FunctionMembrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that promotes the assembly of the spectrin-actin network. Binds to calmodulin.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues. Found in much higher levels in reticulocytes than the beta subunit.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldolase class II family. Adducin subfamily.
- DomainEach subunit is comprised of three regions: a NH2-terminal protease-resistant globular head region, a short connecting subdomain, and a protease-sensitive tail region.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- ADD A antibody
- ADD1 antibody
- ADDA antibody
Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S436) antibody [EPR2176] images
Western blot - Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S436) antibody [EPR2176] (ab125081)
All lanes : Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S436) antibody [EPR2176] (ab125081) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with Lambda Phosphatase
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 81 kDa
References for Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S436) antibody [EPR2176] (ab125081)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"