For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEP2175AY
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIP: 1/40.
WB: 1/2000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, ICC and IHC.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMembrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that promotes the assembly of the spectrin-actin network. Binds to calmodulin.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues. Found in much higher levels in reticulocytes than the beta subunit.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aldolase class II family. Adducin subfamily.
- DomainEach subunit is comprised of three regions: a NH2-terminal protease-resistant globular head region, a short connecting subdomain, and a protease-sensitive tail region.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell membrane.
Information by UniProt
- ADD A antibody
- ADD1 antibody
- ADDA antibody
Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S59) antibody [EP2175AY] images
Western blot - alpha Adducin (phospho S59) antibody [EP2175AY] (ab76251)
All lanes : Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S59) antibody [EP2175AY] (ab76251) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate (untreated)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with calyculin A
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
goat anti-rabbit HRP labelled IgG at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size : 81 kDa
Observed band size : 115 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-alpha Adducin (phospho S59) antibody [EP2175AY] (ab76251)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"