Anti-alpha + beta Tubulin antibody [TU-10] (ab30506)
- Product nameAnti-alpha + beta Tubulin antibody [TU-10]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TU-10] to alpha + beta Tubulin
- Specificityab30506 recognizes alpha, beta-tubulin heterodimer, a basic intracellular structural unit of microtubules.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with a wide range of species. Not yet tested in other species.
Microtubule proteins from porcine brain
- Positive controlPorcine brain lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by precipitation methods and size-exclusion chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTU-10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa. Use under reducing conditions.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceTubulin is the major building block of microtubules - an intracellular cylindrical filamentous structure that is present in almost all eukaryotic cells. Except in the simplest eukaryotes, tubulin (100 kDa) exists in all cells as a heterodimer of two similar but non-identical polypeptides alpha and beta. Alpha- and beta-tubulins are encoded by separate genes, or small gene families. Alpha and beta tubulin dimers are assembled to 13 protofilaments that form a microtubule of 25 nm diameter. Within either family of alpha/beta tubulin heterodimers, individual subunits diverge from each other (both within and across species) at less than 10% of the amino acid positions, the most extreme diversity is localized to the carboxyl-terminal 15 residues. Both alpha and beta tubulins consist of various isotypes and both undergo different post-translational modifications. Microtubules are involved in a wide variety of cellular activities ranging from mitosis and transport events to cell movement and the maintainance of cell shape.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- B ALPHA 1 antibodyFLJ25113 antibodyM40 antibody
- MGC117247 antibodyMGC16435 antibodyOK/SW cl.56 antibodyTUBA1A antibodyTUBA3 antibodyTUBB antibodyTUBB1 antibodyTUBB2A antibodyTubulin alpha 1a antibodytubulin alpha 3 antibodyTubulin beta 2A antibodytubulin beta antibody
References for Anti-alpha + beta Tubulin antibody [TU-10] (ab30506)
ab30506 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.