Anti-Alpha Fodrin [D8B7] antibody (ab11755)
- Product nameAnti-Alpha Fodrin [D8B7] antibodySee all Alpha Fodrin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [D8B7] to Alpha Fodrin
- SpecificityClone D8B7 is developed against the alpha II spectrin SH3 domain (Xu et al., 2001). Clone D8B7 is a specific marker for human, rat and mouse alpha Fodrin or alpha II spectrin. In cerebellar cell cultures, it labels axons and periphery of cell bodies consistent with localization of fodrin (reviewed in Bennett, 1993; Goodman, 1995 & De Matteis, 2000). It does not crossreact with alpha I (erythroid) spectrin SH3 domain.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Human, African Green Monkey, Chinese Hamster
Recombinant alpha Fodrin (non-erythroid spectrin) SH3 domain (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesTissue Cultue Supernatant (Ammonium sulfate precipitated & dialyzed).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberD8B7
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11755 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21059848|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreviews.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/100000 - 1/1e+006.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 297 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/10 - 1/50.|
- FunctionFodrin, which seems to be involved in secretion, interacts with calmodulin in a calcium-dependent manner and is thus candidate for the calcium-dependent movement of the cytoskeleton at the membrane.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SPTAN1 are the cause of epileptic encephalopathy early infantile type 5 (EIEE5) [MIM:613477]. EIEE5 is a disorder characterized by seizures associated with hypsarrhythmia profound mental retardation with lack of visual attention and speech development, as well as spastic quadriplegia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the spectrin family.
Contains 3 EF-hand domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 23 spectrin repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-1176 decreases sensitivity to cleavage by calpain in vitro.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Expressed along the cell membrane in podocytes and presumptive tubule cells during glomerulogenesis and is expressed along lateral cell margins in tubule cells.
- (ALPHA)II-SPECTRIN antibody
- Alpha II Spectrin antibody
- Alpha-II spectrin antibody
- brain antibody
- EIEE5 antibody
- FLJ17738 antibody
- FLJ44613 antibody
- Fodrin alpha chain antibody
- Fodrin, alpha antibody
- NEAS antibody
- Non erythrocytic spectrin alpha antibody
- non-erythroid alpha chain antibody
- SPECA antibody
- Spectrin alpha chain antibody
- Spectrin alpha chain brain antibody
- Spectrin alpha non erythrocytic 1 antibody
- Spectrin antibody
- Spectrin non erythroid alpha chain antibody
- Spectrin, alpha, non-erythrocytic 1 (alpha-fodrin) antibody
- Spectrin, nonerythroid, alpha subunit antibody
- Spna2 antibody
- SPTA 2 antibody
- SPTA2 antibody
- SPTA2_HUMAN antibody
- SPTAN 1 antibody
- SPTAN1 antibody
Anti-Alpha Fodrin [D8B7] antibody images
IF using ab11755.
ab11755 at 1/100 staining mouse gut (small bowel) tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed before the tissue was blocked and incubated with the antibody for 45 minutes. An HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
Anti-Alpha Fodrin [D8B7] antibody (ab11755) at 1/1000 dilution + 3T3 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 297 kDa
Observed band size : 250 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 3 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Alpha Fodrin [D8B7] antibody (ab11755)
This product has been referenced in:
- Duffy KR et al. Investigation of cytoskeleton proteins in neurons of the cat lateral geniculate nucleus. J Comp Neurol 520:186-99 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Cat . Read more (PubMed: 21800310) »
- O'Connell DJ et al. Integrated protein array screening and high throughput validation of 70 novel neural calmodulin-binding proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1118-32 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20068228) »