Anti-Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin antibody [Alpha Sr-1] (ab28052)
- Product nameAnti-Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin antibody [Alpha Sr-1]See all Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Alpha Sr-1] to Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin
- SpecificityIn Western blotting of pure rabbit striated muscle actin or of total extracts from different tissues, e.g. rat striated muscle, rat myocardium, rat aortic media, human fibroblasts and pure chicken gizzard actin, ab28052 labels alpha-skeletal (alpha-sarcomeric) and alpha-cardiac muscle actins. No labelling is observed with actin from fibroblasts (alpha-smooth muscle and beta-cytoplasmic actin), aorta (alpha-smooth muscle actin), or chicken gizzard (gamma-smooth muscle actin).
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human
Purified striated muscle actin from rabbit.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.05M Tris HCl. pH 7.2
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAlpha Sr-1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- ACTA antibodyACTA1 antibodyACTC antibody
- ACTC1 antibodyActin alpha cardiac muscle antibodyActin, alpha skeletal muscle antibodyACTS_HUMAN antibodyAlpha actin 1 antibodyAlpha-actin-1 antibodyASMA antibodyCardiac muscle alpha actin 1 antibodyMPFD antibodySkeletal muscle alpha actin 1 antibody
Anti-Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin antibody [Alpha Sr-1] images
ab28052 at dilution 1/200 staining alpha sarcomeric actin from rat neonatal cardiac myocytes by immunocytochemistry. The cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized in 0.1% NP40 and incubated with the antibody for 45 minutes. A Cy3® donkey anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr. Richard Patten on 12 May 2008.
All lanes : Anti-Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin antibody [Alpha Sr-1] (ab28052) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : 40 µg rat neonatal cardiac myocytes (whole cell lysate)
Lane 2 : 40 µg rat neonatal cardiac myocytes (whole cell lysate)
Lane 3 : 40 µg rat neonatal cardiac myocytes (whole cell lysate)
HRP polymer conjugated donkey anti-mouse IgG at 1/1000
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Exposure time : 1 second
References for Anti-Alpha Skeletal Muscle Actin antibody [Alpha Sr-1] (ab28052)
This product has been referenced in:
- Islas JF et al. Transcription factors ETS2 and MESP1 transdifferentiate human dermal fibroblasts into cardiac progenitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:13016-21 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22826236) »
- Roy S et al. Fra-2 mediates oxygen-sensitive induction of transforming growth factor beta in cardiac fibroblasts. Cardiovasc Res 87:647-55 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20427335) »