Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [0.N.5] (ab18147)
- Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [0.N.5]See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [0.N.5] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- SpecificityRecognizes the alpha-smooth muscle isoform of actin. Does not react with actin from fibroblasts (b-and g-cytoplasmic), striated muscle (a-sarcomeric), and myocardium (a-myocardial).
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Human, Baboon
Synthetic peptide: MCEEEDSTAL, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 1-10 of alpha smooth muscle Actin.
- EpitopeAcetyl group and the first 4 amino acids on the N-terminal end of the peptide chain of alpha-smooth actin.
- Positive controlSmooth muscle or leiomyosarcoma.
- General notes
Stains smooth muscle cells in vessel walls, gut walls, and myometrium. Myoepithelial cells in breat and salivary gland are also stained. This antibody reacts with tumors arising from smooth muscles and myoepithelial cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Primary antibody notes Stains smooth muscle cells in vessel walls, gut walls, and myometrium. Myoepithelial cells in breat and salivary gland are also stained. This antibody reacts with tumors arising from smooth muscles and myoepithelial cells.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number0.N.5
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18147 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 19338433).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 101021287 Baboon
- Entrez Gene: 423787 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 515610 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 59 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11475 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009271 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81633 Rat
- Omim: 102620 Human
- SwissProt: P08023 Chicken
- SwissProt: P62739 Cow
- SwissProt: P62736 Human
- SwissProt: P62737 Mouse
- SwissProt: P62740 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P62738 Rat
- Unigene: 500483 Human
- Unigene: 213025 Mouse
- Unigene: 195319 Rat
- Unigene: 3114 Rat
- AAT6 antibodyACTA_HUMAN antibodyACTA2 antibody
- Actin alpha 2 smooth muscle aorta antibodyActin aortic smooth muscle antibodyActin, aortic smooth muscle antibodyACTSA antibodyACTVS antibodyAlpha 2 actin antibodyAlpha actin 2 antibodyAlpha cardiac actin antibodyAlpha-actin 2 antibodyAlpha-actin-2 antibodyCell growth inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyCell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyGIG46 antibodyGrowth inhibiting gene 46 antibodyMYMY5 antibody
Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [0.N.5] images
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human leiomyoma stained with ab18147 at 1ug/ml at RT for 30 minutes using peroxidase-conjugate and DAB chromogen. Note cytoplasmic staining of smooth muscle cells.
References for Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [0.N.5] (ab18147)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tang JR et al. Excess soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 in amniotic fluid impairs lung growth in rats: linking preeclampsia with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L36-46 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22003089) »
- Machado SA et al. Validation of the Aging Hen (Gallus gallus domesticus) as an Animal Model for Uterine Leiomyomas. Biol Reprod 87:86 (2012). Chicken . Read more (PubMed: 22811571) »