Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (Biotin) (ab125057)
- Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (Biotin)See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1A4] to alpha smooth muscle Actin (Biotin)
- Conjugation notesBiotin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide alpha smooth muscle Actin.
- Positive control
- In IHC, this antibody gave a positive signal in human ductal carcinoma FFPE Tissue section.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1A4
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
- ACTA2 antibody
- Actin alpha 2 smooth muscle aorta antibody
- Actin aortic smooth muscle antibody
- Actin, aortic smooth muscle antibody
- ACTSA antibody
- ACTVS antibody
- Alpha 2 actin antibody
- Alpha actin 2 antibody
- Alpha cardiac actin antibody
- Alpha-actin-2 antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein antibody
- GIG46 antibody
- Growth inhibiting gene 46 antibody
- MYMY5 antibody
Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (Biotin) images
IHC image of ab125057 staining in human breast ductal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab125057, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [1A4] (Biotin) (ab125057)
ab125057 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.