Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab66133)
- Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibodySee all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, Flow Cyt, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Does not react withChicken
A synthetic peptide (10aa) corresponding to N-terminal region alpha smooth muscle Actin.
- Positive controlMouse lung lysate, Human colon tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Proclin
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66133 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 10-20µg for 106 cells.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- AAT6 antibodyACTA_HUMAN antibodyACTA2 antibody
- Actin alpha 2 smooth muscle aorta antibodyActin aortic smooth muscle antibodyActin, aortic smooth muscle antibodyACTSA antibodyACTVS antibodyAlpha 2 actin antibodyAlpha actin 2 antibodyAlpha cardiac actin antibodyAlpha-actin 2 antibodyAlpha-actin-2 antibodyCell growth inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyCell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyGIG46 antibodyGrowth inhibiting gene 46 antibodyMYMY5 antibody
Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody images
Human colon tissue stained with ab66133 at 1/200 dilution for 10 minutes at RT after antigen retrieval.
References for Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab66133)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bin WT et al. Embryonic hepatocyte transplantation for hepatic cirrhosis: efficacy and mechanism of action. World J Gastroenterol 18:309-22 (2012). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22294837) »
- Ludin A et al. Monocytes-macrophages that express a-smooth muscle actin preserve primitive hematopoietic cells in the bone marrow. Nat Immunol 13:1072-82 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22983360) »