Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab97375)
- Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibodySee all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Zebrafish
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 134 - 366 of Human alpha smooth muscle Actin (NP_001604).
- Positive control293T, A431, H1299, HeLa, HepG2, MOLT4 and Raji cell lysates
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97375 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- AAT6 antibodyACTA_HUMAN antibodyACTA2 antibody
- Actin alpha 2 smooth muscle aorta antibodyActin aortic smooth muscle antibodyActin, aortic smooth muscle antibodyACTSA antibodyACTVS antibodyAlpha 2 actin antibodyAlpha actin 2 antibodyAlpha cardiac actin antibodyAlpha-actin-2 antibodyCell growth inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyCell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein antibodyGIG46 antibodyGrowth inhibiting gene 46 antibodyMYMY5 antibody
Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab97375) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : MOLT4 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of Human fibroblasts, staining alpha smooth muscle Actin with ab97375.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 and blocked with 1% serum for 16 hours at 4°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in diluent) for 16 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®647-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody (ab97375)
ab97375 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.