Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody, prediluted (ab15267)
- Product nameAnti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody, predilutedSee all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha smooth muscle Actin, prediluted
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Baboon
Synthetic peptide (unfortunately, the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (Human) (N terminal).
- Positive control
- Smooth muscle or leiomyosarcoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50mM Tris, pH 7.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (from PubMed:17149535).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 101021287 Baboon
- Entrez Gene: 423787 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 515610 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 59 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11475 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009271 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81633 Rat
- Omim: 102620 Human
- SwissProt: P08023 Chicken
- SwissProt: P62739 Cow
- SwissProt: P62736 Human
- SwissProt: P62737 Mouse
- SwissProt: P62740 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P62738 Rat
- Unigene: 500483 Human
- Unigene: 213025 Mouse
- Unigene: 195319 Rat
- Unigene: 3114 Rat
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
- ACTA2 antibody
- Actin alpha 2 smooth muscle aorta antibody
- Actin aortic smooth muscle antibody
- Actin vascular smooth muscle antibody
- Actin, aortic smooth muscle antibody
- ACTSA antibody
- ACTVS antibody
- Alpha 2 actin antibody
- Alpha actin 2 antibody
- Alpha cardiac actin antibody
- Alpha smooth muscle antibody
- Alpha-actin 2 antibody
- Alpha-actin-2 antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 46 protein antibody
- GIG46 antibody
- Growth inhibiting gene 46 antibody
- MYMY5 antibody
Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody, prediluted images
ab15267 staining alpha smooth muscle Actin in human leiomyoma by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
ab15267 (used X1) staining day 3 wounded rat skin tissue by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and blocked with peroxidase prior to incubation with the antibody for 25 minutes. An HRP conuugated goat polyclonal antibody was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody, prediluted (ab15267)
This product has been referenced in:
- Evans DJ et al. Platelet P2Y(12) receptor influences the vessel wall response to arterial injury and thrombosis. Circulation 119:116-22 (2009). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19103996) »
- Maclauchlan S et al. Enhanced angiogenesis and reduced contraction in thrombospondin-2-null wounds is associated with increased levels of matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -9, and soluble VEGF. J Histochem Cytochem 57:301-13 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19029404) »