Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody (ab15246)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin antibodySee all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsICC, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Gerbil, Newt
Synthetic peptide: ALEKDYEEVGVDSVEGEGEEEGEEY conjugated to KLH, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 426-450 of Human alpha Tubulin.
- Positive control
- Lung tissue slides.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.6
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15246 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17785506|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21069788|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 418166 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 777775 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22145 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 316531 Rat
- Omim: 191110 Human
- SwissProt: P09643 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81948 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: P68368 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- SwissProt: Q5XIF6 Rat
- SwissProt: P08537 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 75318 Human
- Unigene: 1155 Mouse
- Unigene: 92961 Rat
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
- bA408E5.3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Hum a tub1 antibody
- Hum a tub2 antibody
- LIS3 antibody
- TBA4A_HUMAN antibody
- Testis-specific alpha-tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- Tuba4a antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha antibody
- Tubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-4A chain antibody
- Tubulin H2-alpha antibody
- Tubulin K alpha 1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha, testis-specific antibody
- Tubulin, alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody images
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Lanes: 1, 4, 7 - SK N BE; 2, 5, 8 - TE 671; 3, 6, 9 - HeLa
Lanes: 1-3: 4oC (1 freeze/thaw); 4-6: 4oC (2 freeze/thaws); 7-9 : 4oC (4 freeze/thaws)
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody (ab15246) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : TE 671 (Human Rhabdomyosarcoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab15246 at 1/200 dilution, staining alpha Tubulin in Human lung tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin- embedded tissue sections).
This image shows a single confocal z-section of a primary porcine macrophage stained with rabbit polyclonal to alpha tubulin.
This picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Peter Delputte (Laboratory of Virology, Ghent University, Belgium).
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin antibody (ab15246)
This product has been referenced in:
- Weil AF et al. Uracil DNA glycosylase initiates degradation of HIV-1 cDNA containing misincorporated dUTP and prevents viral integration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E448-57 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23341616) »
- Kristensen U et al. Regulatory interplay of Cockayne syndrome B ATPase and stress-response gene ATF3 following genotoxic stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E2261-70 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23733932) »