Anti-alpha Tubulin [DM1A] antibody (FITC) (ab64503)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin [DM1A] antibody (FITC)See all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- SpecificityAlpha Tubulin clone DM1A causes the 10 nm filaments to collapse into large lateral aggregates collecting in the cell periphery or tight juxtanuclear caps. It does not block microtubule assembly. It does not inhibit polymerisation or depolymerisation of platelet tubulin in vitro. It blocks (by 70-80%) the ability of tubulin dimers (with GppNHp bound) to promote a stable inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. See references for further information on the above.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Gerbil
Full length native protein (purified) of Chicken alpha Tubulin (extracted from brain).
- Epitopeaa426-450. Ab64503 specifically recognizes an epitope in the carboxy-terminal part of alpha-tubulin.
- Positive control
- HeLa cells. Cultured human fibroblasts, baby hamster kidney (BHK) cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberDM1A
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64503 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 5.1µl for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceMicrotubules are involved in a wide variety of cellular activities ranging from mitosis and transport events to cell movement and the maintenance of cell shape. Tubulin itself is a globular protein which consists of two polypeptides (alpha and beta tubulin). Alpha and beta tubulin dimers are assembled to 13 protofilaments that form a microtubule of 22 nm diameter. Tyrosine ligase adds a C-terminal tyrosin to monomeric alpha tubulin. Assembled microtubules can again be detyrosinated by a cytoskeleton associated carboxypeptidase. Detyrosinated alpha tubulin is referred to as Glu-tubulin. Another post-translational modification of detyrosinated alpha tubulin is C-terminal polyglutamylation which is characteristic for microtubules in neuronal cells and the mitotic spindle. Alpha tubulin is not suitable as a loading control in adipose tissue as expression of tubulin in adipose tissue is very low ( Spiegelman and Farmer, Cell, 1982, 29(1): 53-60, "in cells undergoing adipose differentiation actin synthesis decreases by 90%").
- Cellular localizationMajor constituent of Microtubules
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7278 Human
- Entrez Gene: 7846 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22142 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64158 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 399313 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 191110 Human
- SwissProt: Q5E986 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: Q13748 Human
- SwissProt: Q71U36 Human
- SwissProt: P68369 Mouse
- SwissProt: P68370 Rat
- SwissProt: Q4V850 Xenopus laevis
- Alpha tubulin 1 antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Testis specific alpha tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- TUBA2 antibody
- TUBA3 antibody
- TUBA3C antibody
- TUBA4A antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin H2 alpha antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 3c antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin [DM1A] antibody (FITC) images
ICC/IF image of ab64503 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (10 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab64503, 1µg/ml, FITC conjugated (green)) for 1h at room temperature. 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab64503 staining alpha Tubulin in Xenopus laevis stage 36, transverse cryosection tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed with MEMFa and blocked with 2% BSA/Serum for 1 hour at 230C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 1 hour at 230C. No secondary antibody was used. FITC-tubulin shown in green highlights neurons in neural tube and ciliated epidermal cells. DAPI shows staining in grey. Laminin (Abcam`s ab11575) is in blue (donkey anti-rabbit Cy5 secondary). E-cadherin is in red (donkey anti-mouse Cy3 secondary).
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab64503 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab64503, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 (1µg/1x106 cells ). Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin [DM1A] antibody (FITC) (ab64503)
This product has been referenced in:
- Carone DM et al. Hypermorphic expression of centromeric retroelement-encoded small RNAs impairs CENP-A loading. Chromosome Res 21:49-62 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23392618) »
- Mainigi MA et al. Meiotic and developmental competence in mice are compromised following follicle development in vitro using an alginate-based culture system. Biol Reprod 85:269-76 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21490243) »