Anti-alpha Tubulin [EP1332Y] antibody (ab52866)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin [EP1332Y] antibodySee all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1332Y] to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC - Wholemount, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) (N terminal)
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate, human gastric carcinoma tissue or HeLa cells.
- General notes
Produced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1332Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20 - 1/50.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21933451|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
- bA408E5.3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Hum a tub1 antibody
- Hum a tub2 antibody
- LIS3 antibody
- TBA4A_HUMAN antibody
- Testis-specific alpha-tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- Tuba4a antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha antibody
- Tubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-4A chain antibody
- Tubulin H2-alpha antibody
- Tubulin K alpha 1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha, testis-specific antibody
- Tubulin, alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin [EP1332Y] antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with (ab52866) (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52866, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
Anti-alpha Tubulin [EP1332Y] antibody (ab52866) at 1/50000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-Rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
Ab52866 (1:250) staining human alpha Tubulin in human gastric carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.Ab52866 (1:250) staining human alpha Tubulin in human gastric carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
ab52866 staining alpha Tubulin in 293 Human embryonic kidney cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 2 hours at 23°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 0.5% saponin) for 2 hours at 23°C. An Alexa Fluor®555-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat kidney tubule tissue, staining alpha Tubulin with ab52866.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin [EP1332Y] antibody (ab52866)
This product has been referenced in:
- Huang YA et al. Microtubule-associated type II protein kinase A is important for neurite elongation. PLoS One 8:e73890 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23967353) »
- Neyret-Kahn H et al. Sumoylation at chromatin governs coordinated repression of a transcriptional program essential for cell growth and proliferation. Genome Res 23:1563-79 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23893515) »