Anti-alpha Tubulin [TU-01] antibody (ab7750)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Tubulin [TU-01] antibodySee all alpha Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TU-01] to alpha Tubulin
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC, ICC/IF, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Plants, a wide range of other species, all Mammals, Xenopus tropicalis
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Pig alpha Tubulin aa 37-154.
- Epitopeaa 65-97 on N-terminal structural domain
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in IF/ICC in HeLa cell line. Western Blot Positive control Pig Brain Lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites using precipitation methods.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTU-01
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7750 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100. For ICC, we recommend not only fixing but also permeabilizing the cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
Acetylation of alpha chains at Lys-40 stabilizes microtubules and affects affinity and processivity of microtubule motors. This modification has a role in multiple cellular functions, ranging from cell motility, cell cycle progression or cell differentiation to intracellular trafficking and signaling.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 418166 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 777775 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7277 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22145 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 316531 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100038108 Xenopus tropicalis
- Omim: 191110 Human
- SwissProt: P09643 Chicken
- SwissProt: P81948 Cow
- SwissProt: P68366 Human
- SwissProt: P68368 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02550 Pig
- SwissProt: Q5XIF6 Rat
- SwissProt: P08537 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q28IX8 Xenopus tropicalis
- Unigene: 75318 Human
- Unigene: 1155 Mouse
- Unigene: 92961 Rat
- Alpha tubulin ubiquitous antibody
- Alpha-tubulin 1 antibody
- B ALPHA 1 antibody
- bA408E5.3 antibody
- H2 ALPHA antibody
- Hum a tub1 antibody
- Hum a tub2 antibody
- LIS3 antibody
- TBA4A_HUMAN antibody
- Testis-specific alpha-tubulin antibody
- TUBA1 antibody
- TUBA1A antibody
- Tuba4a antibody
- Tubulin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha antibody
- Tubulin alpha ubiquitous chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-1 chain antibody
- Tubulin alpha-4A chain antibody
- Tubulin H2-alpha antibody
- Tubulin K alpha 1 antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 1 (testis specific) antibody
- Tubulin, alpha 4a antibody
- Tubulin, alpha, testis-specific antibody
- Tubulin, alpha-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Tubulin [TU-01] antibody images
All lanes : Anti-alpha Tubulin [TU-01] antibody (ab7750) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Dog 1 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lane 2 : Dog 2 heart whole tissue lysate(left ventricle)
Lane 3 : Dog 3 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lane 4 : Dog 4 heart whole tissue lysate (left ventricle)
Lysates/proteins at 80 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated sheep polyclonal antibody
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Dr sudhish mishra
ICC/IF image of ab7750 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7750, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Ab7750 staining human normal skin. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with a retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 . Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with an amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab7750 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7750, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Triton used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-alpha Tubulin [TU-01] antibody (ab7750)
This product has been referenced in:
- Pastorelli L et al. Epithelial-derived IL-33 and its receptor ST2 are dysregulated in ulcerative colitis and in experimental Th1/Th2 driven enteritis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:8017-22 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20385815) »
- Hemsley PA et al. Assaying protein palmitoylation in plants. Plant Methods 4:2 (2008). WB . Read more (PubMed: 18190696) »