Amphiregulin Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100668)
- Product nameAmphiregulin Mouse ELISA KitSee all Amphiregulin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
- Range1.1 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 85.25 76% - 95% Serum 130.1 120% - 138% Plasma 123.4 112% - 130%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
- Product overview
Abcam’s Amphiregulin Mouse ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of mouse Amphiregulin in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for mouse Amphiregulin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Amphiregulin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-mouse Amphiregulin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Amphiregulin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Amphiregulin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Biotinylated anti-Mouse Amphiregulin 1 vial Recombinant Mouse Amphiregulin Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceThe mature secreted form of amphiregulin is an 84-amino acid residue glycosylated polypeptide which is generated by proteolytic processing of a 252-amino acid transmembrane precursor. Seven different polypeptide ligands, which derive from distinct genes, are capable of binding to the extracellular domain of EGFR; these are EGF, TGFa, AR, HB-EGF, cripto-1, epiregulin, and betacellulin. All of these growth factors contain a characteristic EGF-like domain which is defined by 6 evenly spaced cysteine residues that generate 3 loops through the formation of disulfide bonds. Amphiregulin expression is induced by phorbol ester, estrogen, androgen, and other EGFR ligands. In vitro, amphiregulin functions as an autocrine growth stimulator to drive proliferation of colon carcinoma cells, normal and oncogene-transformed mammary epithelial cells, cervical carcinoma cells, prostate cancer cells, and keratinocytes. Amphiregulin is important in the development of human placenta and murine mammary gland. It is reportedly overexpressed in human cancers of breast, colon, stomach and pancreas.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- A REG
- Colorectum cell derived growth factor
- Schwannoma derived growth factor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100668 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Amphiregulin Mouse ELISA Kit (ab100668)
ab100668 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.